Sunday, August 21, 2011

White Quilting with Blue Sweet Peas

Here is the wedding cake I worked on last week... I love the way it came out!  The bride had sent me a picture of a cake she found on The Knot... I'm not sure who the original creator was but this is my rendition of the simple, elegant and classic design!

This was a white almond cake with strawberry buttercream filling and sliced fresh strawberries, and coated with vanilla buttercream.  Covered with white fondant and embossed with a quilting pattern and small white sugar pearls at the cross points.  Embellished with blue gumpaste sweet peas and the topper the bride purchased!  The tiers are 14"-10"-6"  So beautiful, so sweet... I am so pleased with this and happy I had the opportunity to create this cake!

 
 
 
If you love this cake topper, it is by Willow Tree and you can purchase it here on Amazon.com or from many other vendors I'm sure :)

I hope you enjoyed looking at these pictures and maybe found some inspiration!

Happy Caking :)



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! I'm also working on a cake for a wedding this weekend. ((Terrified!)) The quilting it beautiful though!!

    ReplyDelete