Monday, April 9, 2012

Peacock Colors: Blossoms Cake & Cupcakes

Last week I had the pleasure of working on this order.  These photos are just a small sampling of the many cupcakes that I made to match the 6" cake for the bride and groom.  The brides colors were peacock colors, so she requested simple flowers that were green, blue and purple!  I love those jewel tone colors!
To make the flowers, I used the Blossom Cutter/Veiner set by Sunflower Sugar Art that I purchased from Global Sugar Art.  The cutter that comes with it is the largest size 5 petal flower that will fit in the veiner, it goes right to the edge... but you can use any other smaller sized cutters in the same veiner to get a variety of different size flowers.  In addition to the one it came with, I also used 2 of the 5 petal cutters that came in my Wilton set.
Most of my cakes are fondant covered, but this bride requested a buttercream cake...  But a proper buttercream finish still needs to be just as smooth as fondant!  There is something so satisfying about that super smooth icing!  I used Swiss Meringue Buttercream (of course!) and you can check out my post about smoothing SMBC to see my technique!
 
Cupcake weddings are very trendy right now.  I was delighted to be asked to create this adorable design!

Happy Caking :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Ms. Renee this cake is darn smooth and perfect. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, so those flowers are icing!? lol I am sorry, I am an admirer of baked goods and am just now starting to learn the ropes. I just commented on your buttercream video on YouTube and now your blog is Already in my favorites! I love how you actually try to educate your bloggers or just offer your oh-so-generous tips. So how did you make those beautiful flowers exactly with those molds? What is a veiner? lol,Thanks in advance! =)

    -CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! Those flowers are fondant, mixed with a little gumpaste so they would harden faster. I used the Blossom Set by Sunflower Sugar Art, you can find it at most of the cake supply places. I bought mine from Global Sugar Art. It comes with one size cutter, and I used the veiner with 2 of the others I had already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renee, I found you site via Google. I'm a fellow dessert blogger too and as you are, I'm just starting out with my hobby. I have only been baking for 5 months (since December 2011) but have learnt so much in that time.

    Your cakes are amazing. Very inspiring. I'm now subscribed to your blog.

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete