Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm Published!!

Okay, I've been freaking out over this for a good 2 months now and couldn't tell anyone!  But, back in May, Cake Central Magazine asked me to design a cake to be featured in an upcoming issue!  I cannot tell you how honored and excited I was to be asked... That in the 2 years or so, since I first picked up my spatula, I have come so far as to be invited to have my cake published in a trade magazine to be admired by my "peers."

Of course I was busy, but OF COURSE I had to make it work!  I was sent an inspirational photo that featured a teal and pink color pallet and had a beautiful, feminine, "vintagey" feel to it.  I held my breath for a month after I submitted the photos, waiting to hear if my cake was good enough to make it in... they even contacted me to confirm the photographer credit (the amazingly talented ladies from Simply K Studios in Connecticut) but I still didn't want to get my hopes up.  But, I made it!  My cake was published, along with so many other beautiful cakes, in the issue that came out at the beginning of July- Volume 3, Issue 5: "The Really Big Wedding Cake Issue!"
Although Cake Central Magazine is now a digital-only format (and I would really love a glossy copy to hold in my hand, hang on my wall, show to strangers on the street...) it is soooo exciting to see my name "in print!" If you'd like to buy a copy, you can do so here!

I have to give a HUGE, GIGANTIC, THANK YOU and shout out to Simply K Studios for so graciously taking these amazing shots... Head over to their website or blog to see their beautiful portfolio.  If you are in the New England area and in search of a photographer I highly suggest you contact them!

*I'll share some of the other gorgeous photo's they took as soon as I can get watermarked copies!

Happy Caking :)


1 comment:

  1. Where did you get that beautiful pattern from on the side of this cake? Is it a mat or an embosser? I would love to be able to do that, thank you.

    ReplyDelete