Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DIY Simple & Elegant Wedding Cake

This weeks tutorial is a simple and elegant cake project!  Perfect for the DIY bride, or anyone looking for a beautiful cake that is easy to pull off.  The effect looks a lot like stenciling, but using Wilton Sugar Sheets, you just trace, peal and stick!   You don't have to worry about smudging your icing, handling a stencil while your try to stencil your design, or marring the surface your your perfectly smooth cake!

For my tutorial I used white sugar sheets on a light lavender buttercream... and I have included the link to the custom template I made in the YouTube description box!  But, of course you can use this technique for virtually any design... it might become a bit more tedious with a very intricate stencil/template though.

I also think this would be so beautiful if you painted the sugar sheets with luster dust, or applied gold/silver leaf before cutting out the pattern.... I may just have to do that myself!

Check out my video below, and head on over to YouTube to find the complete list of products used, links to buy them and, of course, the link to download my template!
This project is part of a DIY Wedding Collaboration with some of my fellow dessert YouTubers.  All of the projects are fantastic, so be sure to check out the entire playlist!!

Happy Caking :)

6 comments:

  1. That's so tempting and beautiful cake Reene. Perfectly suited for wedding. Keep baking, Keep smiling.
    Online Cakes Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful and elegant wedding cake. It looks really great and is very well made. It is not too much and it looks simply wonderful for sure. I would not mind having a cake like that at my wedding.
    Jak Manson | http://www.oterisitalianbakery.com/menu-item-type/wedding-cakes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful!! Will definitely try it at home!! Thank you very much for sharing!! :)
    cake delivery in hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just blogwalking.. Nice post and have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete