Hibiscus Baby Shower Cake I made at the beginning of the summer, I had quite a few people ask if I had or if I could make a tutorial... so viola!
I had to split this into 2 parts because it was too long to upload, but I didn't want to rush or skip past anything. Despite the length of the tutorial these flowers are pretty easy to make and don't require a whole lot of special tools. I do use a Hibiscus cutter, but you can probably use a tear drop, or rose petal cutter and just role out the tapered end to elongate it (as mentioned in the video). All in all, I think this is a good flower for a beginner who wants to make something impressive!
Supplies I used in this video:
- pre-colored gumpaste (hibiscus come in a wide variety of vibrant colors!)
- rolling pin
- hibiscus petal cutter (by Creative Cutters)
- gumglue (I used gumpaste dissolved in water)
- a 4"-5" 26 gauge wire
- a thin or dense foam pad
- ball tool
- plastic to cover cut outs...
- and a jar and piece of foil to create a flower former