Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hibiscus Baby Shower Cake!

Hello!  So, I have some tutorials that I desperately want to get to, but just  haven't had the time!  These past few weeks have been crazy, and the next few weeks look to be shaping up to be the same!

So, today, I will leave you with the other cake I made for the past weekend.  I actually, kind of really love it!  It's a baby shower cake.  They wanted something elegant (similar to my Magnolia Baby Shower cake that I entered in the CT Cake Competition).  Hibiscus flowers have special meaning to the expectant couple, so we chose those for the decor.  I used gender neutral colors and I think it came out just perfect!  I think this would also make a very elegant tropical/summer themed wedding cake.
 I really love how the gumpaste Hibiscus turned out!!
 I think that yellow one is my favorite :)




The baby was made with the First Impressions baby mold.  You can check out my tutorial for it here!

If you would like to learn how to make these beautiful Hibiscus flowers for yourself, you can find my video tutorial here!

I'm sorry I don't have more to share, but I hope you enjoyed the photo's!  I know I always enjoy looking at cake pictures :)

Happy Caking :)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers! Did you use a form or flower press? Do you have a tutorial for it? Thanks for any info you can pass along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ruth Cummings thank you! I used cutters by "creative cutters" for the petals, I used my peony veiner to vein the petals. I've been asked about these flowers several times, so I think my next tutorial will be Hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, I love it, I love it! Thank you for this suggestion. My path leads straight to the Hibiscus. And thank you for the Tutorial.

    ReplyDelete