Now, I had very grand plans for this cake... but I simply did not have the time to pull it together due to other obligations last week... But I did win a 3rd place ribbon... so here it is (insert drum roll, please...)
Okay, I'm not trying to make excuses for my work... I am happy to have gotten a 3rd place ribbon... but I wanted to let everyone know why I changed the flower placement for the pictures I took! I want to be able to add this cake to my portfolio and the way it was I just did not want photographic evidence of it, haha! So here are some additional pictures of my cake, looking a little better!
|The fondant was kind of a light lavender...|
|The band on the middle tier was embossed with one of those cross-stitch plastic form things!|
|I used brush embroidery to give a "fern" motif to the tiers|
|And going for a "New England wild-flower" theme, I added some stems of Lily of the Valley (they may look simple, but you have to make a lot of them!)|
Overall, this cake is just not what I had intended and I think my point just did not come across... But in the end I think I have a "pretty" cake, that after making a few adjustments, I can add to my cake portfolio!
I know one thing, after seeing the amazing cakes at the show (you can see my post from yesterday if you want to see some of the pictures I got), I am excited and inspired for next years competition!
Happy Caking :)