Wednesday, January 16, 2013

White Pumpkin Wedding Cake

I cannot believe it's 2013 already!  It just serves as a reminder to me about how behind I am with blogging!  Let's start with this cake, I did back in October!  I was commissioned to make this by my friend's sister.  This bride had such a beautiful venue and amazing team of wedding vendors, I am honored to have been included among them!  She wanted a simple and elegant cake that included miniature white pumpkins in a classy way.  After a few sketches, here is the final design!

 And here are a few pictures of the result!


 The pumpkins on top are rice crispy treat and white modeling chocolate!  I shaded them with a bit of ivory and sage green petal dust!

The vines have tiny gumpaste pumpkins on them and gumpaste leaves!  The bride loved the look of the vines on the Sweet Pea Cake I did... so we came up with the tiny pumpkin vines!

 If you want to see how I did the quilted pattern, check out my tutorial on this past post!

I really love how this came out.  Such a simple, yet elegant design!  The photography team for this wedding was Justin & Mary of Connecticut.  They wrote a blog post on this wedding.  You can see their stunning photos (and a couple of shots of my cake!) on their blog.

...and My 2013 New Year Resolution is:

I started out with this blog to fill in my free time while I was home with my son, and starting a new business... Well my son is 3 now, and my little business is 1 1/2 years old.  I'm finding that I don't have as much free time as I thought I would!  BUT, I love blogging, sharing my photos and knowledge with you all.  I'm self taught, I learned a tremendous amount from other blogs and YouTube.  I love looking at pictures of beautiful cakes and reading about new recipes and techniques.  I want to "give back."  So, instead of looking at this blog as a time filler, I want to renew my efforts and make posting part of my routine!  My resolution this year is to make more YouTube videos and post blogs more regularly... I just hope I have enough to say, haha!  I am moving at the end of this month... but starting in February I have some fun things on the horizon and I'll have a better space for filming videos, hooray!  See you in February :)

Happy Caking :)

1 comment:

  1. I must agree. That wedding cake is a real beauty! It’s so stunning that I won’t dare take a bite on it had it become mine. Haha! Anyway, I think your effort is well worth it. I wish you can expand your shop so that other prospective clients could reach you.

    Clint Shaff

    ReplyDelete