Thursday, June 14, 2012

50th Birthday Cruise Ship Cake!

Last weekend we had a 50th birthday party for one of my aunts... of course I was asked to make the cake!  My aunt and her husband are going on a cruise to celebrate her birthday, so he asked me to make a cruise ship themed cake.

The ship is made out of rice cereal treats!  I mentioned in my last post, about my discovery for how to get smooth fondant when you are covering your RKT sculptures... cover it with modeling chocolate first to fill in all the bumps!

I knew right away that I wanted the cruise ship on top... (I wasn't going to have time to make the whole cake a 3D cruise ship).  But I struggled with how to decorate the sides.  I was inspired by this graphic that I found when I was browsing "wave images".  I wanted something a little more decorative than just the "standard" wavy line...

The numbers are gumpaste.  I decorated them to look like life preservers!



That's all I have time for today, folks!  Back to the kitchen for me... working on a BIG project for this weekend!

Happy Caking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment