Monday, June 18, 2012

Motorcycle Cake!

Back in the winter of this year I was commissioned to make a motorcycle cake... for a wedding!  How fun!  I told the couple that this would be a first and a challenge for me, but I was so excited to give it a shot! 

It was a challenge, to say the least, but I survived!  Of course there are things I would have liked to do differently, but it was a "learn as you go" experience for me... I was happy with the result in the end and the couple loved it!

The "engine" and mechanics of the bike are cake, the seat is rice crispy treats and the wheels are a combination of foam and rice crispy treats!  The handle bars and struts are PVC :)

I tried to take many pictures while I was making it...  So I could put together a tutorial for anyone else who might want to try this cake!  At a certain point though, I had to put the camera away and focus on what I was doing... I'll take a look at the material I do have and see if I can put together some instructions (or a list of "learn from my mistakes", lol) because I know it would have been helpful to me to have something to work off of!

Well, that's all I have time for for now...  

Happy Caking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment